A Guide to Watching Chicago Bulls Games at the United Center
There's an electrifying buzz that comes with watching a live Chicago Bulls game, and being in the midst of the roaring crowd at the United Center is an experience that no fan should miss. Whether you're a die-hard Bulls enthusiast or a visitor looking to catch a thrilling basketball game, this comprehensive guide will navigate you through the essential details of driving or taking public transportation to the iconic arena for an unforgettable outing.
Driving to the United Center
Located at 1901 W. Madison Street, the United Center is a prominent Chicago landmark easily accessible from various parts of the city. If you're planning to drive, Interstate 290 (Eisenhower Expressway) is your primary conduit to the excitement. For those coming from the north or south of the city, the I-90/94 (Kennedy Expressway) will lead you towards your Bulls experience.
- From the North: Take I-90 East to the Madison Street exit and make a right onto Madison Street. The arena will be just a few blocks down on your left.
- From the South: I-55 North to I-90/94 West to the Madison Street exit. Head west (left) on Madison and drive straight towards United Center.
- From the West: I-290 East (Eisenhower Expressway) and exit at Damen Avenue. Turn left on Damen and then a right on Madison Street.
- From the East/Lake Shore Drive: Head west on Monroe Street, turn left onto Halsted Street, and then turn right onto Madison Street.
As you approach the United Center, make sure your car is decked out in Bulls gear to add to the excitement surrounding the stadium!
Parking at the United Center
Now, when it comes to parking, the United Center won't leave you hanging. The arena boasts numerous official parking lots that are open two hours before the start of events. These lots are conveniently located near the stadium, and you can purchase a parking pass ahead of time online to bypass the game-day rush. Prices may vary depending on the game and parking spot, but convenience comes as a standard feature.
Tips for Parking:
- Pre-Purchase Your Pass: To ensure a spot and save time, it is highly advised to buy your parking pass in advance. This can be done through the official United Center website or partner apps/services.
- Lot Options: There are both cash and credit card lots. If you haven't pre-purchased, make sure to bring the appropriate payment method.
- Accessible Parking: ADA parking is available in all lots at the standard rates with no additional fees for vehicles displaying a current state-issued disability placard or license plate.
Public Transportation to the United Center
For those opting out of the driving scenario, Chicago's robust public transportation system has got you covered.
The Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) offers several bus routes that serve the United Center. The #19 United Center Express turns game nights into smooth rides, offering direct access to the United Center from various points in the city. Also, the #20 Madison Street bus stops right at the arena.
The CTA's train lines, also known as the 'L', provide a scenic route to game night. The closest 'L' stop to the United Center is the Ashland station on the Green and Pink lines. From there, it's just a quick bus trip or a brisk walk to the arena.
If you prefer a mix of public transport with a touch of convenience, rideshare services such as Uber or Lyft can drop you off at the designated "Rideshare Zone" located in Lot H near the northeast corner of the United Center.
No matter what mode of transportation you choose, arriving early will always give you the best shot at a smooth and stress-free experience.
Embrace the Bulls Game!
Now that you've got the logistics down, it's time to don your favorite Bulls jersey, get ready to cheer on the team, and create some lifelong memories at the United Center. For more information, to buy tickets, or to purchase parking passes, visit these helpful links:
- Chicago Bulls Tickets: Bulls Ticket Central
- United Center Parking Passes: United Center Parking
- Chicago Transit Authority: CTA Buses and Trains