Writing Christmas Cards? Give Me Some Examples
The tradition of sending Christmas cards is a heartfelt way to convey your holiday wishes and reflections to friends, family, and colleagues. However, finding the right words can sometimes be challenging. Whether you want to stick with something classic and traditional or opt for a message that's quirky and contemporary, your Christmas card is an expression of your personality and feelings about the holiday season. Here are some examples and tips to inspire you as you pen your Christmas cards this year.
Classic Christmas Greetings
For many, Christmas is a time of tradition, and a classic greeting is always in style. These messages convey the timeless spirit of Christmas and are suitable for almost anyone on your list.
- "Wishing you a Merry Christmas touched with wonder and filled with love."
- "May the timeless message of Christmas fill your heart and home with joy today and throughout the coming year."
- "Warmest thoughts and best wishes for a joyful holiday season."
- "May the lights of Christmas be your guide, and the Christmas carols fill you with cheer. Have a happy holiday!"
- "Christmas season is a full of magic, gifts, carols, and joyous celebration. Have the best Christmas ever."
- "May you be wrapped with love and warmth and be blessed with a long and healthy life. Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!!"
- "Wishing you a Merry Christmas and may you have good health, abundance and everlasting joy in your life."
- "Have a cheerful, holly, jolly, and a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New year too!"
- "This Christmas season may we open our hearts to all people and to God. Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!"
- "Have a wonderful Christmas and may it be filled with your favorite things and the people you love."
- "Wishing you a beautiful holiday with lots of cheers and gifts coming your way. Merry Xmas greetings!"
- "This Christmas season may your heart glow with cheer and may you have someone to kiss under the mistletoe. Merry Christmas and a healthy New Year!"
- "May the Christmas spirit shine like the Christmas lights and warm your hearts this holiday season. Have a blessed holiday!"
These greetings are imbued with the spirit of Christmas and convey heartfelt wishes for the holiday. They're versatile and can be used for anyone from close family members to new acquaintances, encapsulating the universal goodwill of the season.
Religious and Spiritual Messages
If you’re sending cards to individuals who observe Christmas as a religious holiday, you might choose to write a message that reflects the spiritual significance of the holiday.
- "May the true meaning of the Christmas season fill your heart with love and your life with blessings."
- "Wishing you the gift of faith, the blessing of hope, and the peace of His love this Christmas and always."
- "May your heart be lifted in praise this Christmas for the wonderful gift of Jesus and the joy He brings to our lives."
- "May the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ bring you and your family endless prosperity, blessings, and peace of mind that you truly deserve. Merry Christmas!"
- "May the Lord send you His abundant blessings this Christmas and throughout the coming year. May He guide your path and light your way."
- "Rejoice, for unto us a Child is born! Wishing you a Christmas filled with the wonder of the birth of Christ."
- "As we celebrate the miracle of Christmas, may your heart be filled with joy and peace. May blessings of the holiday linger in your home and stay with you throughout the year."
- "Wishing you a season of blessings from heaven above. Happy Christmas!"
- "May your Christmas be filled with the true miracles and meaning of this beautiful time."
- "May you feel God's presence in the candles that softly spread their glow at Christmas, and may you experience the wonder of His abiding love in the coming year. God bless you at Christmas and always."
- "This Christmas, may your family be blessed by His grace. May joy and peace descend upon your home, with a basket full of blessings."
- "In this loveliest of seasons, may you find many reasons for happiness and may you have the peace of God in your heart. Merry Christmas!"
- "Let the spirit of love gently fill our hearts and homes. In this loveliest of celebrations, may you find many reasons for happiness."
These messages focus on the religious significance of Christmas, offering warm wishes while highlighting the spiritual and heartfelt emotions associated with the birth of Jesus Christ. They're suitable for individuals who share a deep connection with the religious traditions of the holiday.
For Family and Close Friends
For the people in your inner circle, a personalized message that speaks to your shared experiences or the recipient's personality can be especially meaningful.
- "Merry Christmas! So grateful for your friendship and all the fun times we’ve shared this year. Here’s to many more!"
- "Sending love and hugs to my wonderful family. May our home be filled with laughter and joy this Christmas!"
- "Christmas reminds me of the blessings of having people like you in my life. You're more than family; you're a blessing."
- "Merry Christmas to my partner in crime! Here's to more adventures and shenanigans next year!"
- "To my dearest friend, may your Christmas sparkle with moments of love, laughter, and goodwill, and may the year ahead be full of contentment and joy. Remember, this holiday season, the best present one can hope for is to spend time together."
- "Merry Christmas to the one who makes every day merrier and brighter! Your joy and laughter make life more special. May this season bring you even more reasons to smile."
- "Remember that one Christmas when [insert personal anecdote]? Let's make more of those unforgettable memories this year! Merry Christmas!"
- "Christmas is all about family, and I'm so grateful to be celebrating it with you. Your presence is the best present I could receive. Love and hugs!"
- "Cheers to a fabulous friend with the biggest heart this holiday season! May your days be merry, bright, and filled with all the happiness you bring to others."
- "To my favorite person to watch holiday movies with, may this Christmas bring us more moments to share and more cheesy films to enjoy. Popcorn's on me!"
- "Every gingerbread man cookie reminds me of our baking fiascos! Looking forward to more culinary adventures this Christmas. Wishing you sweet treats and happy eats!"
- "Here's to the one who knows all my Christmas quirks and still sticks around. May this holiday season be as unique and special as our friendship. Merry everything!"
- "Christmas with you is always the best blend of chaos and love! Can't wait to continue our traditions. Here's to love, laughter, and a whole lot of fun!"
These messages are infused with personal touches that speak directly to shared experiences, individual quirks, or special memories, making your Christmas greetings intimate, heartfelt, and uniquely tailored to the recipient.
Professional and Colleague Christmas Messages
When writing Christmas cards for colleagues or professional contacts, it's important to maintain an air of professionalism while also conveying warm wishes.
- "Wishing you a festive holiday season and a very successful New Year."
- "May this season bring you new inspiration, happiness, and success. Happy holidays from all of us at [Your Company's Name]."
- "Grateful for our work and our team. May the holidays refresh and renew you."
- "In this season of gratitude, we pause to recognize our valued colleagues and partners. Wishing you a peaceful, prosperous, and joyful New Year."
- "As we reflect on the past year, we acknowledge those who have helped shape our business. Wishing you a joyous holiday season and continued success."
- "Season's Greetings! May your holidays be filled with warmth, joy, and the company of good friends and family. Looking forward to our continued collaboration in the coming year."
- "Wishing you a holiday season filled with peace, joy, and meaningful moments. May your New Year be bright with new opportunities and successes."
- "Happy Holidays! In the spirit of the season, we extend a heartfelt thank you for our fruitful partnership. Here's to a prosperous New Year."
- "As the holiday season is upon us, we find ourselves reflecting on the past year and those who have contributed to the success of our business. Best wishes for a happy holiday season."
- "This festive season, we wish you and your family a wonderful holiday and a prosperous, successful New Year. Thank you for your continued support and partnership."
- "Cheers to the New Year! Wishing you a holiday wonderland of peace, joy, and hope. May our joint endeavors flourish in the upcoming year."
- "Sending you season's greetings and heartfelt thanks for your significant contribution to our success this year. Wishing you a well-deserved restful holiday and a fantastic New Year."
- "Happy Holidays! We appreciate your dedication and hard work this past year. May the season bring you joy, relaxation, and inspiration for the year to come."
These messages maintain a professional demeanor while also conveying warm, sincere wishes, making them suitable for a variety of professional relationships, from close colleagues to valued clients or partners.
Funny and Whimsical Messages
If you have a great sense of humor or enjoy a more casual tone, a funny or whimsical message can be a delightful departure from the norm.
- "Is it just me, or does Santa look younger every year? Merry Christmas!"
- "Remember to leave out the cookies for Santa! Happy Holidays!"
- "All I want for Christmas is to beat you in the New Year’s board game marathon! Get ready!"
- "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas, but if the white runs out, I'll drink the red! Cheers to a merry season!"
- "This holiday season, let's be more Christmas Carol ending and less Christmas Carol beginning. Wishing you plenty of joy, feasts, and goodwill!"
- "Check your list twice, I've been extra nice! Hoping Santa will notice. Merry Christmas!"
- "Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way, oh what fun it is to wish you a merry Christmas day!"
- "May your holidays be like Santa - fat, cheerful, and generous! Merry Christmas!"
- "Who needs a sleigh? When we have your unstoppable spirit, every day feels like a holiday! Merry Christmas!"
- "I put so much thought into your gift that it's now too late to get it. Happy Holidays! Just kidding, it's on its way!"
- "May your ugliest Christmas sweater bring the brightest smiles. Have a colorful and cheerful Christmas!"
- "Keep calm and have a jolly Christmas! P.S. Don't forget, calories don't count at Christmas!"
- "This Christmas, may your family be functional and all your batteries be included. Merry Christmas!"
These messages add a playful and spirited tone to your Christmas greetings, perfect for recipients who appreciate humor or for occasions where a casual, cheerful spirit is appreciated. They're sure to bring a smile and make for unforgettable holiday wishes.
When You're Far Away
Sometimes, we can't be with our loved ones during the holidays. In these cases, your Christmas card can bridge the distance.
- "Even though we're apart this Christmas, you're always in my heart. Wishing you all the warmth and joy of the season."
- "Missing you even more at this joyful time of year. We might be miles apart, but you're close in my thoughts and prayers."
- "Until we can celebrate together, sending all my love and warmest wishes for a merry Christmas."
- "Though we're separated by miles this Christmas, the memories we've shared bring you close. May your holiday be merry and bright until we can celebrate side by side."
- "Distance cannot change our true connection. You're in our hearts and prayers, not just for this season, but always. Wishing you a joyous Christmas and a prosperous New Year."
- "Across the miles, we send our love, wrapped in warm wishes for a Christmas filled with joy, peace, and happiness. Can't wait to be reunited."
- "May the spirit of the holidays warm your heart and home, just as thoughts of you warm mine. Looking forward to the day we can hug in person. Merry Christmas!"
- "Though miles may lie between us, we're never far apart in heart. Wishing you every happiness this holiday season and throughout the coming year."
- "Sending love and cheer your way, even though we're far away. May the magic of Christmas fill your heart, as you fill mine every day. Happy holidays!"
- "Christmas feels different without you here, but our love travels any distance. May your festivities be filled with joy and laughter, and may the New Year bring us together."
- "The distance may be keeping us apart in person, but know that you are deeply embedded in my heart. May this season be as special as you are. Merry Christmas!"
- "Though I'm missing your presence, our shared memories keep you near. May peace, love, and joy surround you this Christmas, bringing happiness that lingers long into the New Year."
- "This Christmas card is packed full of virtual hugs and kisses to remind you how much you are missed this festive season. Can't wait for the day we can celebrate together again."
These messages are imbued with affection and the longing that comes from physical separation, making your presence felt despite the distance. They're perfect for reminding your loved ones that they're in your heart, no matter how far apart you may be.
Quick Tips for Writing Your Cards
1. Make It Personal: Always add something special that's just for the person you're sending the card to. Use their name, talk about something they love, or bring up a fun memory you both share. It shows you really thought about them when you were writing.
2. Stay Happy and Hopeful: Christmas is a happy time, and your card should be, too! Even if things haven't been great, your card can help make people feel better. Try to write hopeful, cheerful things in your cards.
3. Think About Who You're Writing to: Everyone is different. Some people might love a funny joke, others might like a kind wish or a religious message. Think about what the person you're writing to likes, what's important to them, or what they celebrate, and write your message that way.
4. Write It Yourself, If You Can: If you're able to, write your cards by hand. This shows you put effort and care into it, and it's like a little piece of you is with the card. It's much more special than a typed message.
5. End It Nicely: How you say goodbye in the card is important, too. Use phrases like "Best wishes," "With love," or "Yours," or a simple "Merry Christmas." Pick the one that feels right for who you're writing to.
Conclusion: Merry Christmas
Writing Christmas cards is a special thing to do. It's more than just saying "Merry Christmas." It's a way to tell people they're important to you and you're thinking of them during the holidays. No matter what kind of message you write, the most important thing is that it comes from the heart. That's what makes it special. So, take a moment, think about the person you're writing to, and then let them know how much they mean to you. It's a small thing, but it can really mean a lot.